The Belhaven Parents, Teachers and Friends Association
The Parents, Teachers and Friends Association at Belhaven fulfils a vital role. The aim of the Association is to support the connections between families and the school.
The PTFA Committee is currently chaired by Sophy Campbell whose son George is in Form 2.
Every year the PTFA organises its own events and also supports school-run events – it raises funds for the school and for other charitable causes and does a fantastic job of bringing people together. Both Sophy and I are hugely disappointed that circumstances have prevented us from organising events so far this year: in these distant times it is, I hope, comforting to know that we are working hard to find a way to continue with this important work in spite of COVID-19, and the £5 charge on your bill will ensure that the PTFA is well-resourced and positioned when we are able to host one another once again!
A list of the events that the PTFA plans to arrange is below:
- A 1920s themed fund-raising party;
- Belhaven’s own ‘Highland Games’;
- A grand raffle;
- Outdoor Cake sale and Coffee morning to coincide with the Junior play weekend out
On a regular basis, when government guidance allows, the PTFA will also organise:
- Journey breakers before weekends out;
- A sale of Nicky Jack art before weekends out;
- Leaving presents for teaching staff and bouquets of flowers and cards for support staff;
- Year group coffee mornings - particularly in light of the lack of summer holiday meetings.
In the past, the PTFA have organised many events, including the following:
- The school dog shows with classes, an agility course, terrier racing, a cake stall, guess the weight of the cake etc and with help from the children, face-painting and a lucky dip. The dog show raised more than £1000 split between ‘Fostering Compassion’ and ‘Muirfield Riding Therapy’.
- The PTFA fundraising evening: a Bond night with cocktails, dinner a raffle and ‘casino’ with about £1500 being raised for school.
- Lunch for the OBs day in June.
We hope that you will all benefit from the support network provided by the PTFA in the future. If you have any questions, suggestions for events or would like to be involved in any way, then please do contact Sophy Campbell on firstname.lastname@example.org